Time & Location
About the Event
Depression is the most common mental health issue facing children and young people today with an estimated XXXX shove stats in here
This workshop is for parents and teachers of children and adolescents who wish to develop an awareness of Clinical Depression and guides you through the following:
· What Depression is – feeling low or feeling Depressed?
· Common signs are that someone is experiencing Depression
· Who gets Depression? Protective & Risk factors for depression
· Links to self-harm & suicidal ideation
· How to recognise depression in your child.
· When to get external support?
· How you can support your child at home
· How to support your child to build resilience
· Practical Strategies for supporting your child who may be experiencing depression including how to talk about depression with your child without coming across as invasive or “fussing” so that you can maintain clear pathways of communication whilst maintaining positive relationships.